Hi Everyone !
I have been trying to get my rooms organized !!
Any suggestions ?
Most of you know we moved a year ago .This house according to Realtors has more square feet,than old one but I still can't get all my stuff in.I still have a lot at our other house .
I have given tons of stuff away & sold alot !! I'am so tired of arguing with DH about it ! I want to do things my way & we are starting to lock horns !!!
I have a ton of Longaberger baskets & I wanted to sell them ,but they are bringing ,nothing right now & I think I should just wait & let them rot if I have too !!I have a lot of money in them.
So my problem is trying to organize them ,besides the other stuff.
I have 2 bedrooms upstairs ,that are a mess,because of them.
Would you just take the loss & sell them for any amount ? Ebay fees are awful.Not sure what to do
Info would be helpful !
Sorry to load this oneveryone !!
Prim Hugs & Blessings,
Sharon
A Little Life Update
1 week ago











12 comments:
The Lemonade Award
You have been given The Lemonade Award by ME! Check out my blog to recieve your award!
Thanks!
Kay
Hi Sharon! You could always "loan" your baskets to me =) I know what u mean about being limited with space.....Maybe we just have too much stuff LOL Just wanted to stop over and say hello. Kim
Like any "collectable" we pay top dollar and when we decide to sell the market has passed us by. Depending upon what baskets you have you can usually at least make back what you paid for Longaberger baskets. If you have any of the JW baskets they still bring top dollar. If you decide to sell them on Ebay be sure and build your costs into either your S&H charges (which most sellers do) or set your minimum price to include them.
I love my Longaberger baskets, but I use mine all over the house. I decided when I first started buying them (back in the 1980's) that I wouldn't buy one I didn't have a use for.
Good luck!
Have you thought about trying to sell them on Craigslist? A lot of people I know buy and sell there and do quite well.
Good luck; I feel your pain! LOL
Sharon,
I haven't been on in awhile and things have gotten back to normal so I wanted to do a little visiting.I hope you solve your dilemma. I'm sorry I'm not any help but I am sure someone on here has some wonderful ideas. Have a blessed day!
Juanita
Gosh, I wish I had some suggestions. We're a family of 5 in a small farm house with small closets, so I can certainly relate, but unfortunately I just can't help, sorry. I do hope you get it figured out though :)
PS...I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to enter ;)
~Sharon
Is there a ceiling you can hang them on? maybe a ladder for some to hang on? I'll keep thinking!:)
take care Kim
Sharon - could you set up an Etsy shop? Or how about posting it on Craigs list so someone local can purchase is and you don't have to pay shipping fees?
I know how you feel! I am trying to get organized and there just is not any way to do it without getting rid of some stuff. I have given away a bunch of stuff through freecycle, and I am hoping to have a yard sale in the spring. I thought I would check into ebay but from what I saw, a lot of things are not bringing much more than they would at a yard sale anyway so I think I will just go that route.
Hey Sharon,
Have you thought about selling them right here on your blog? I had some patterns and books a while back and I sold all on my blog. I just took pictures with the price, first come, first served. Might be worth thinking about.
Hugs,
Shari
Sharon, not sure if any advice will help if you have THAT MANY baskets...because, YES there is a lot of money tied up in them...but IF YOU LOVED/LOVE THEM, then try and keep them.
I hang baskets wherever i can find a hook, knob or nail they will fit on...and on beams on the ceiling where I like them best.
Possibly your DH can make you some shelves above your windows to display them on - I have them and love them....and you aren't spending money on furniture to display them.
How's this for an idea - find several friends who LOVE your baskets, do an inventory of them and then LOAN THEM OUT for decorative purposes for a set amount of time - friends can rotate them amongst each other - with you as the keeper of the baskets in the end....everyone will get use and pleasure from them....don't laugh, it was just an idea. If you loved them when you bought them you should be able to keep them.
Karen
I would also suggest Craigs list or if you can wait for decent weather, have a yard sale.
Post a Comment