Today,I went to my hometown,Lewistown,which is just about 20 miles away ! It was a very cold morning .
It was the Ice Festival,so it was good that it is cold,because it started Friday.
It was the Ice Festival,so it was good that it is cold,because it started Friday.
I took lots of pictures of the ice sculptures,which I put on Webshots,please check it out ! http://community.webshots.com/user/PrimThyme?vhost=community
I loved going" home ",but it is never the same!
Now,there is hardly any shops.It use to be a really booming town,every store front had a shop ! Oh how fun it was to walk down the street & Christmas shop .Everyone would smile & say hello ! Now your lucky if you see people,let alone get a smile !
How I miss the olde days !
I would go to the 5 & 10 cent store & buy little gifts,German glass ornaments,fabric,tablecloths ,candy, you would choose from a glass case & the clerk would bag for you ! You could buy just about anything at the 5 & 10.Peeps at Easter,turtles ,birds,list goes on & on !
Now the malls have taken our Mom & Pop stores & left us with emptiness!
I guess that is why we want so much to do handmade things again. To get back to basics.
I must tell you I'am really proud to know all you fellow bloggers,but especially the younger generation to know you care so much about the handmade ,caring, sharing & love .
Please cherish all your memories !
Prim Hugs & Blessings,
Sharon
I loved going" home ",but it is never the same!
Now,there is hardly any shops.It use to be a really booming town,every store front had a shop ! Oh how fun it was to walk down the street & Christmas shop .Everyone would smile & say hello ! Now your lucky if you see people,let alone get a smile !
How I miss the olde days !
I would go to the 5 & 10 cent store & buy little gifts,German glass ornaments,fabric,tablecloths ,candy, you would choose from a glass case & the clerk would bag for you ! You could buy just about anything at the 5 & 10.Peeps at Easter,turtles ,birds,list goes on & on !
Now the malls have taken our Mom & Pop stores & left us with emptiness!
I guess that is why we want so much to do handmade things again. To get back to basics.
I must tell you I'am really proud to know all you fellow bloggers,but especially the younger generation to know you care so much about the handmade ,caring, sharing & love .
Please cherish all your memories !
Prim Hugs & Blessings,
Sharon











2 comments:
Hi Sharon- My hometown has all but dried up too! I also cherish the memories of the way it used to be! Later tonight I am going to look at your pics- I love eye candy!
Oh BTW you are the winner of my blog contest!
Please email me at john_peterson_356@comcast.net so I know where to send your goodies!
Congrats!
Deb
Hi Sharon,
Just found your blog from Jenn and love your header!!!
Our towns around here are terrible too, I loved the 5&10 too, now around here they are Dollar General. I used to go to the 5&10 with my mom and dad when I was little and have a hotdog and chocalate mile.lol Great memories:)
I'm adding you to my favs:)
Rondell
Post a Comment