


Good morning everyone!
We went to my Granddaughter Ashtin's house/apartment for Easter dinner.
She baked ham,peeled potatoes ,made real mashed potatoes,homemade filling ,gravy,lima beans,made blueberry delight & cherry delight !!myself & her other gram cleaned everything up after we ate,but that was just the dinner dishes & serving dishes & roaster,but she had all other things cleaned up as she went.I still don't know how she did all !! She said she was going to crash /sleep as soon as we left,because she started at 5 am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now this might not sound like alot to everyone,but to Ashtin,this is a milestone,You see Ashtin has Cerebral Palsy,she has her own apartment & goes to college,now this is a girl whom has a hard time walking,standing on her own two feet & she is very spastic,but she keeps trying ,she is very intelligent though !!
~~~~~~~~~
I'am really proud of her !! She started out as 3 months premature ,weighed 2 lbs.4 oz & 14 1/2 " long ,& she didn't walk til she was 4 she has come a long ways ,I always said I willed her to live & be as good as she could be. Tons of prayers !!When they told us about her disabilities,I cried for awhile with her mom ,they lived with us at the time & Vicki worked 2nd shift ,I worked first,so I would read to her & sing her abc's , over & over ,hold up my fingers & show her to count anything,I could possibly do to stimulate her & by the way I'm not the only one who worked with her,her mother & father did ,too!
So when she turned 1,I said to her tell your mommy how old you are & she held up 1 finger !! That was our big breakthrough & her first big step & trust me it has not been easy for her !! Her years in school have been torcher with kids,making fun of her ,stabbing her with pencils in the back,tripping her,punching her,but she was main stream school .She would say to me grammy they are so mean to me,Why ??
I would say to her ,they are just very narrow minded & afraid that they could end up with disabilities,too !! So I told her she could beat them with her brains & she did ,always having A's & B's .
~~~~ So that is why I'am so proud !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My husband wanted me to have candy,that you know I really need LOL .So he bought me,2 bunnies,marshmallow eggs & peeps ,that I love & 3 eggs,then he colored eggs for me ! Boy am I spoiled !!
I have added the pics ,sorry I ate the one egg LOL!! Also there is a picture of my favorite wax Easter sheep,bunnies & 2 rabbits I just bought from olde glory soldier !!
Sorry,I'm bending your ear .
Bless you all ,
Sharon











4 comments:
BRAVO! to Ashtin and you how wonderful you have been with her, what a grammy you are:)She sounds to be the best grandaughter ever.
Love also what your DH did for you... enjoy:D
Rondell
Oh, Sharon...what a truly inspiring young lady. I fully understand your pride. As I read your post, I saw myself and my son. He is 21 and is mild to moderate autistic. What others may have perceived as trite or simple steps were always huge milestones for us. Sean recently started his first job and I couldn't be prouder of him. What a wonderful Easter for you and your family! Thank you so much for sharing! ~~Annie
That's awesome Sharon. You must be so proud and I hope she is proud of herself too! Heck I can't even make all that! What a blessed Easter indeed! :)
Jennifer
Sharon, Kudos to Ashton! She's an inspiration! And she has a wonderful grandmother - a great cheerleader!
Thanks for entering my give-away!
Come back again soon just to "hang out"! ;-)
Diane
Post a Comment